FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comedy of Errors (left item on plane - AA not helpful)
Old Jun 24, 2007, 1:15 pm
sam_minkowitz

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Comedy of Errors (left item on plane - AA not helpful)

This is my first post, I feel like I need to tell someone and know that if I send this to AA customer service, I will get a form letter letting me know how sorry they are about what ever it is that happened and hope that is does not happen again. That has become not good enough.

My story starts two days ago in Nashville (BNA) Tn. I got to the airport earlier than expected and inquired about earlier flights I could fly stand by on. I was successful in not only getting on the flight but also upgrading. Unfortunately, there were storms in Dallas and after boarding and making our way out to the runway, we were told that we would have to wait for a while before taking off, this became over an hour.

Once we got to Dallas, I was concerned that I was not going to make my connection and accidentally left my Bose QC2 headphones and IPOD in the seat back pocket of 6B. I realized this once I got to my gate and called the Exec. Plat. Desk for assistance. They called the gate and were told that the plane had left already and no one had found and turned it in. I was given a number to call that turned out to be DFW lost and found. I had to leave a message which I have yet to be contacted by them either way. I then called back to exec plat and asked them to contact the gate in Montreal where the plane was headed.

The best they could do was give me a number for Montreal's airport lost and found. I asked that they contact the gate so that some one could look when the flight landed. They said they would, however when Montreal called me 24 hours later they just let me know that no one had turned in my headphones/IPOD. I asked if there was some way to contact the occupant of my seat from DFW to Montreal and was told no.

I know this was my fault leaving it in the seat back pocket, but you would think that American would try to help one of their customers that they claim is their most important customers (executive platinum). But it appears that they don't care.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Plato90s; Jun 24, 2007 at 3:04 pm