FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Amex Platinum FHR program: 2nd attempt at making a booking is disappointing
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:11 pm
Paolo01

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
I just got my platinum Amex last week and my first FHR booking (Vegas) went well.

Today I tried to book the Four Seasons on Lanai through FHR. On the Four Seasons website there is a "fourth night free" promotion. On the U.S. FHR website the "fourth night free" is also listed and it can be combined with the FHR benefits.

The Canadian Amex platinum travel service can't or won't book this for me. I either get the 4th night free, or the FHR benefits, not both.

It is a little frustrating when it is the same company, the same hotels and the same high annual card fee.

Has anyone had any luck when booking through the property directly to get the FHR benefits with an advertised promotional rate?
I always get frustrated when I hear for the differences between the different national programs. I just called US PTS and they confirmed that the booking is possible through them. I would make the booking through Lanai, and then when you call PTS to cancel, explain to them why you are doing this and give them the opportunity to fix your reservation. This worked for me once and AMEX met the hotel offer. Another time they simply stated they could not meet the offer and canceled their own booking. Point out to them that it is in the FHR web posting.