FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Luggage
Thread: Best Luggage
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:19 am
SPIT

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I have had very good luck with Eddie Bauer wheeled duffel bags which I use for most trips.

Good quality and free life time replacement if damaged or just wears out.

Plus they often have very good sales. Just got an XL rolling duffel at the store on North Michigan Avenue in Chicago for 50% off or $65.

I had an FBI agent tell me once that expensive luggage is like helping the theives pickout which bag to steal.
I used to buy and travel exclusively with TravelPro bags, but after one broke, I now also use an Eddie Bauer Rolling Duffel. I was tired of the weight of the "nice" bags, especially in foreign countries that require a lot of stair climbing. I have both the small size duffel, and a large size for longer trips. Lightweight, and cavernous for a simple carry-on. Have dragged it all over the world the last 3 years not expecting it to last, but it has! Still looks new. The large duffel has been checked and abused many times also... still in excellent shape. Best part, paid less than $100 for both. Only caveats: you need to pack carefully so they'll stand up, and poor "suiters" if you need that.