FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Durian in London - best source? (Personal recs only please)
Old May 10, 2007, 9:30 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RichardinSF, you're awful!

Does make me wonder if the best way to campaign successfully against this kind of thing (and ensure that the small food court gets built) would be to threaten the developers with durian should they not comply. Wouldn't be too hard to have shopkeepers donate over ripe Durian to the cause and go waft it under the new appartments when potential buyers are looking over the place.

I am concerned though, it's only because of Oriental City's scale (I've been visiting ever since it was Yaohan Plaza) that I continue to brave Colindale (although I have to admit that I've not been for a while as the wheelchair makes it more difficult - the Northern Line is now a no-no). Even if the developers do keep their promise, the incentive to make the journey will have completely diminished - I go to get groceries, the food court has always been an 'extra'.

Finally - as the Durian stall seems the best option (if I am to try Durian within the next 5-6 years or so) does anyone know when the Durian that makes it to the UK is in season/at its best? I'm assuming that its provenance will be Thailand