FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where do you buy ITA Software itineraries?
Old May 8, 2007, 11:39 pm
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by USDHS1984
If you can't find someplace to book it on-line, just look in your local yellow pages under travel agents and have one of them book it for you. If it is domestic they will charge you a fee. If it is international it may cost you nothing.
I appreciate your response. I was looking for an international ticket, and ITA showed the routing we liked most. However, nobody could reproduce ITA's price; everyone kept coming up $50 higher, although every detail including fare class was the same. The few local travel agents I tried wanted $25-$40 extra per ticket. So, much as I'd like to support them, I decided to book at AA at $10 per ticket. (I just couldn't get this itinerary to come up on aa.com, where there would have been no fee.)

For future use, I am still looking for travel agents, local or online, who'd book an ITA-produced itinerary free or for a small fee.

Ideally, of course, ITA should provide links to such service(s). Are we getting greedy?