FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Port-a-crib in FC or BC where personal space around seat permits - anyone done it?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:03 am
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by thesilb
Well, after 1 hour of Internet research, it seems really hard to find a carry cot:

1. In the United States and
2. For any infant over 6 months of age.

If anyone has any suggestions as to one, that would be much appreciated. Conceptually for our situation, i.e. nosecone of a 747 in row 1 with tons of floor space, but potentially no extra seat, this seems like the perfect solution. I may try to actually build something if I can't find a suitable product...
Frankly, I question the wisdom of putting a tall 11 month old in such a product. By that age, many kids are able to pull themsleves up, if not actually climb and walk; mine walked at 9 months - and probably would have killed himself trying to climb out of that Samsonite travel crib. Unless you can weight it down or secure it to the floor, I see the child as being likely to tip it over and land on their head, as a young child's head is the heaviest part of them.

One of the links I looked at actually said "Suitable from birth until baby is able to sit up unaided (approx. 6mths)" so you might want to think twice about using one.