FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:27 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by schriste
I'll be staying there too (Santa Caterina in Amalfi) in April (as well as 10 nights on award travel). I'm currious what it will be like as it gets "I loved it" or "I hated It" reviews over at Tripadvisor.

One thing I've noticed at Trip Advisor is that expensive hotels often receive negative ratings. SBTINME made a great point-- people who are paying top dollar expect luxury and properties that fail to meet that expectation are (severely) criticized.

We overlooked the Danieli's flaws (older furnishings/carpets etc) because our rooms have been in a perfect location. We probably would not have been
very happy had we been stuck in some smaller room w/o a view.

On our last trip, btw, we also tried the E&R bc we were curious. They upgraded us to a room with an incredible view.

Next trip, we're splitting our time between the Gritti and the Danieli (booked pre-devaluation) bc we figure it may be our last chance to stay at the Gritti.

In the future, we'll probably stay at the E&R, simply bc it's a better deal.