FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Leaving Jan 2023] The Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:25 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We've stayed there several times (all on points) and we've always had an amazing time.

Each time we were upgraded to a front view junior suite.

Like many hotels in Europe, the furnishings were a little "tired" but the incredible view made up for it and did not detract from our stay.
My husband loves getting up early in the morning and watching all the different barges unload. It's also a perfect spot for "people watching."
From our window we've seen crazy Acqua Altas, amazing fireworks over the lagoon, and of course the stunning panorama of the harbour and the campanile of Chiesa di San Giorgio Maggiore.

Although Venice is our favorite city in Italy, I have never found Venetians to be as warm as other Italians (who I think are some of the friendliest people in the world) They're a little more imperious-- more formal and proper. The staff at the Danieli is professional and efficient but I wouldn't call them warm.

As a lit and history buff I'm also fascinated by all the stories associated with the Danieli. Casanova's escape-- all of the writers and composers who have stayed there-- Dickens, Proust, Wagner, Debussy, Goethe.

The public spaces are gorgeous-- high ceilings, murano chandeliers, marble columns, grand staircases and ornate arches.

It's a romantic and mysterious place.