FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:13 am
ACfly

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cags71
That's interseting! I was at the Park Tower this week and booked a Butler room and I had a different experience. The view was stunning and even though the room is the same as an executive it was worth paying that extra for the magnificent view of the park. And I really enjoyed the Butler service. I had a lady taking care of me who was very pleasant and gave me champagne as soon as I arrived and then helped me unpacking without me even asking. During the stay I had fresh cakes brought to the room every day and the butler responded quickly every time I called her. I am wondering now if I was only lucky then after reading your posting. I am planning to go back to London next month and I have already booked a butler room but after your experience I'm a bit confused. I wonder if somebody else has different experiences of the butler service at the London Park Tower.
Thanks for your feedback...Wow you had cakes brought to you everyday.. I am still at the hotel, so will ring the butler [again] and ASK for cake.

I agreed with the above poster, the view of the park has nothing to do with the room category that you booked. The Butler/Exectuive rooms are on the higher floor.

Again, from my experience, I would not pay 60-120 Pounds more for what is essentially the same room but with some minor amenities included.. If you travel alone (as I do in most of my business trips), paying for a lower category room and paying for breakfast (18-27 Pounds) and pressing is still cheaper than the butler experience.