FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has your employer ever forced you to share a hotel room?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:53 pm
pbz

Programs: AA Gold
I would like to know about these companies that require coworkers to sleep together in order to save money:

- Do they only pay for food up to $3.79 because that is the price of a mcdonald's value meal?
- Do they require you to hitchhike to your customer site instead of renting a car?
- Do they require you to sit on stacks of phonebooks so they dont have to buy office furniture?

These things would all save money. I thought I had it bad with one customer who would only book on the absolute lowest fare airline, forcing me to fly jacka-- airlines like Northwest and ATA. This same cust refuses to book a coworker in his choice of hotel, saving themselves $50 a night. Therefore they are going to lose him as a resource and have to train someone new which will cost them probably into 5 figures.

But, this sleeping together takes the cake. I don't see what the purpose of a business trip is if there's not a few hundred bucks of value being created per day.