FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice please - slight fender bender
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:00 pm
ezmonee

The LDW is included in your rate, ergo unavailable. The ALI is an insurance from a private third party company that administers it, so thats why one says unavailable, the other one says included because avis fronts the charges (even though the company is part of avis). The distinction is due to different state laws on who and how insurance is sold. Since LDW never leaves avis under any circumstances, its unenecessary when inculded as part of the price.

and the usual turnaround is about a month. But for you I would seriously not worry about it. If the reservation was made via American Express and you do have the american express insurance included as part of your Amex membership, I would notify them just in case, as they have a limit on claims of something like 45 days.

As far as avis, I personally am pretty sure you will never hear from it again.

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Dear ezmonee,

I did exactly as you suggested. I filled out the form that was in the preferred jacket and when we pulled up to deliver the car back, we explained exactly what had happened to the attendant. I had taken a photocopy of the report and asked him to sign both copies, which he did. He didn't even read the report and barely looked at the car (he was very young and seemed inexperienced).

It's now been over 3 weeks and I'm wondering if we should expect to hear anything back from Avis? Will they send us a final report or confirmation that everything is in order?

I have one other question about our LDW coverage that I'm concerned about.

We make our reservations through Avis in Denmark where we always get an all-inclusive rate, including LDW and ALI. I always have a print-out of the reservation with me which states this (in Danish).

However, I have just noticed on the Avis rental record that is handed to us when we pick up the car (the single index card that is inserted in the rental jacket with the Car #, dates, rate, etc.), that at the bottom, it has the following information:

LDW: .00/DY UNAVAIL
ALI: .00/DY ACCEPT
PAI: 3.00/DY DECLINE
PEP: 1.95/DY DECLINE

Why does it say that LDW is "Unavail"? My reservation clearly shows that LDW is included. Shouldn't it be annotated similarly to ALI (at no additional daily charge, but accepted)?

I looked back at our last rental record as well, and it is annotated the same way.

I want to be absolutely sure that when we reserve using these all-inclusive rates, that we really are getting the full LDW/ALI as specified on our reservation.

Thanks for your help.

Susan