FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Employee Caught Stealing from Luggage, Delta Refuses Compensation
Old Feb 7, 2007, 8:02 am
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
This whole thing is ludicrous. It is not an expensive digital camera at $250, and you are not supposed to put valuables into checked luggage.

The letter to Delta is ridiculous, especially the threat of public media exposure, the reference to the heinous situation and the demand to have two tickets refunded.

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
IMHO, DL should offer to reimburse him the cost of one ticket as a good will gesture. The negative press that they will receive from this will cost them much more than that amount. This type of solution is what many of us would call exercising common sense.
I think it would be a good gesture to give him something, but make it Delta Dollars or a voucher for a free ticket. I wouldn't give him cash.

I admire his tenacity in chasing down and prosecuting a thief. ^

I do not admire his attitude that the loss of a $250 camera has been a life altering event.

David