FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your skymiles account balance?
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:56 pm
cornellfrancis

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by upgrader
My balance is 6,000.000, give or take 5-6 million. With all due respect, I cannot imagine why one would want to share this information with someone else. (Oops, there may be some who with great pride will acclaim their totals so I should be cautious.) I will assume you ask this question as a relative newcomer, in total innocence and with no other motives but, nonetheless, I would suggest it is a very inappropriate question. Of course, I also assume that others will flame me for being paranoid. Therefore, this appears to be a contest between us to see who will be flamed to a greater degree.
I suppose I don't take this board/my frequent flier miles as seriously as some of you. Apologize if I offended anyone.

Just was wondering what strategy people take with their miles. I guess some people just like to accumulate them out of sheer satisfaction of looking at a large balance. And I suppose others redeem them the moment they get enough for an award. Wanted to see if there was a consensus amoung us frequest travelers.

I don't really see the question as inappropriate because the only think you can determine from a person's skymiles balance is just that, their skymiles balance. You can't determine spending habits, or wealth, or even travel frequency as the source of these miles are unknow. I guess I don't really understand the upraor as people post their MQM balances all the time and noone has an issue with that.

Last edited by cornellfrancis; Jan 30, 2007 at 3:02 pm