FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}
Old Jan 19, 2007, 3:10 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Good thread PHL!

I also would like some info on the "Astor Suites." Is this what they call the Junior Suite that I've been reading about in the W=A thread? And if this costs the same as their One Bedroom Suite, is the One Bedroom Suite better?
I have updated the OP with additional info. The Astor suites are not often available online. They're not that big, but they're cozy (see above description).

If the 1BR suite and Junior suite are priced the same, book the 1BR suite. I've never seen that happen, but anything's possible.

If you book a 1BR Suite, request one on 24-27 (26 is the only floor you won't get unless you book as a concierge level room). The other floors are available for standard bookings as opposed to being exclusive for Towers guests(although sometimes in busy periods the Towers will take over those floors).

The Junior suite is a large room with a seperate changing area, but it's all one space. There is no 2nd room. They're nice too, and maybe even slightly larger in total size to an Astor suite.

In size order from samllest to largest, I would say:
Astor
Junior
Mini
1BR
Luxury

Those are the bulk of the suites, and all have 2 rooms with the exception of the junior which is an oversized room.