FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infant Traveling in a Baby Bjorn (Sling)
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:19 pm
RKG

Originally Posted by nwdc10
Hello all, as a soon to be first time dad I was wondering, and have not been able to locate on the NWA site, the policy for using a baby bjorn type device to carry an infant. I do not plan to hold in my arms my baby but would rather use a sling or purchase another seat for an FAA approved car seat.

Any ideas?
My wife and I took our 6 month old son trans-pacific as a lap child. We requested bulkhead seating as it has the fittings to attach the NW provided bassinet. We had to hold the baby on takeoff and landing. Almost all other times (when he wasn't being fed) he was asleep in the bassinet. We also used the Bjorn sling.
We paid roughly ~$200 for his ticket. We were not required to have an infant seat. This was our first SFO-NRT trip with the baby so I can not state that this is the standard procedure for everyone. It was our experience. Yours may differ! We did not take a stroller on this flight as there was one waiting for us at Narita. I am not sure if domestic flights have differing requirements or not.