FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Detroit (DTW): The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 22, 2002, 7:54 pm
Wiirachay

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by guy44134:
Anyone have any experiences with connecting to an international flight at DTW.</font>
They'll wait for you, unless you're flight is REALLY delayed. Intercontinental flights are padded to account for connecting passengers.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Also, if I do have to rush to catch the flight and general boarding is already in progress, can I sneak into line as a CO Gold? Just a question of etiquette here. What have other elites done in a similar situation. Thanks for any advice.</font>
You shouldn't have a problem. This rests on the assumption that NW still maintains two roped off lanes (main and elite/business) throughout the entire boarding process. Just show the agent your gold card, and you should be allowed to go to the premium lane. This is what I experienced two years ago.

Assuming there's only one lane, first come first serve. Unless of course there are agents who'll send you to the front of the line if you're elite/business.

- Pat

[This message has been edited by Wiirachay (edited 01-22-2002).]