FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France {FRA}
Old Jan 1, 2007, 10:33 pm
sapguy

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Just returned for another awesome, borderline on incredible stay at the Hilton ADT. This was an award stay for 4 nights, and upon checking in at the Executive Floor lounge on the 6th floor, I was informed that as a Diamond and because it was our anniversary (I called the HH Concierge who noted it on the record), they upgraded me to a "King Executive Plus" room, with my own private terrace with a partial view of the Eiffel Tower on the 7th floor.

It was indeed a much larger room than the one that I received last year, and the lounge exceeded my expectation even though I was somewhat familiar with it ^ ^ ^

The free flowing Nicolas Feuillate Champagne was the piece de resistance along with the incredible pastries that they put out in the afternoon (did not even have the time to sample the free Cognac, Scotch, Rum, Baileys, etc).

For breakfast, the French baguettes that they served were absolutely amazing, better than the ones that we bought at some of the best boulangeries in the quartier!!! And the French ham (jambon blanc) was fantastic too Not to mention the great capuccino, egg/sausage/ham, fresh fruits, cold cuts. cheeses, wow what a spread!!!

Agreed with one of the posters that we must have saved at least 300 euros on breakfast and booze alone, especially since a glass of Feuillatte Champagne went for 16 euros at the Purple Bar downstair (had to have a glass to get my stay credit) and your average modest breakfast was 25 euros per person. However, you MUST consume all these freebies within the confines of the lounge, and you are not allowed to take anything to your room.

Alas, the parking was an exorbitant 35 euros per night, so after one night, we parked at the Haussmann-Berri garage at the corner of Rue des Courcelles and Boulevard Haussmann for 25 euros per night (or less if you come in at midnight and leave early in the AM) which is a mere 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

All in all, a great stay in a superb hotel (new by Paris standard) in a very convenient area in the middle of the Parisian action yet far away enough from all the tourists. Highly recommended, especially if you are a HH Diamond or even Gold.

Last edited by sapguy; Jan 1, 2007 at 11:03 pm