FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to book around the world award tickets on UA?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:26 pm
denvr1k

Question Best way to book around the world award tickets on UA?

So, I've gotten good at ACCRUING miles, but am a complete newbie to getting the best bang for the buck with them. I am a 1K based out of Denver, and am hoping to do about 12 months of 'around the world' traveling with my wife starting this summer. I figure I should probably start making reservations, soon, before award seats fill up (if they haven't already).

I'm sitting on about 500,000 miles, and we're hoping to hit up Asia, Africa, and then Europe before flying back to Denver. I'd just like to get as far as we can for free before we've got to ante up and pay for tickets. General thoughts are Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Nepal, India, S. Africa, Morocco, Egypt, Italy, Greece, Eastern Europe (undecided exactly where), Germany, France, England, and then Spain. Of course, this is still pretty vague (like "China", haha, but hey -- have to start planning somewhere).

Anything anyone can recommend to get us started? (I noticed on UA's website that there isn't an option to do multicity travel with award points.) Thanks!