FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Marqués De Riscal - Elciego, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:34 am
Jeroen_SW
Company Representative - Starwood Spain

Programs: SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Iberia Plus, Lufthansa Miles & More
Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for not replying earlier but we have been extremely busy with the opening of the Hotel. We are extremely proud to have sucessfully gone through our first months of operation with great feedback from our guests. About 2 weeks ago we had the official opening party and the Hotel was inaugurated by his Highness King Juan Carlos of Spain.

I do encourage all of you to have a look at our website www.luxurycollection.com/marquesderiscal. We are continuously updating it but we got the first real pictures online just now. In the near future we will finish a full photo shoot and keep updating the site. Also, the Special Offers Page will soon be updated with some spectacular packages!

Regarding your attempts to book the Hotel redeeming your StarPoints, I am really sorry about the inconveniences caused. There were some technical difficulties moving forward, but they should all be resolved now. As suggested by some of you, if you still experience difficulties please contact the SPG Platinum Desk as they will get in touch with me or my team directly and we will try to address the issues.

It is almost not necessary for me to answer anymore, because the question about the transportation was also answered correctly... Indeed, the easiest way to move around from Bilbao to Elciego is by car. There is a great highway connection, which will take you about 1h15m (toll motorway, aprox. € 10). The road to Madrid is also mostly (toll) motorway and will take you aprox. 3h30m to 4h to get there. Considering the time to get to and from the airports, this will be almost the same.

Thanks again to all of you who keep following the Hotel Marqués de Riscal, The Luxury Collection and I hope to welcome you in Elciego soon.

Best regards,
Jeroen