FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reply from LH to our group letter
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2002, 12:31 pm
lewinr

Basically, I feel the response was satisfactory too, except for one area regarding the booking guarantee.

We had made a concrete suggestion, and he never really answered that.

Furthermore, he says that no other airline offers this. I know that KLM does (they confirmed to me that as a royalwing I am guaranteed a seat at full-fare). KLM also offers the access to closed waitlists that LH does not offer (I used that on KLM this week, by the way).

While I was not expecting him to say "good idea! we'll implement it immediately!" it would have been nice for some feedback for or against consideration of the idea.

So, the only thing I would consider doing is just letting him know which other airlines offer the same type of booking guarantee, so he has an correct understanding of the competitive situation. (Do any of you know of any airlines other than KLM that offer this booking guarantee?)

He also mentions how they communicated their changes to the program, and it seems like reasonable notice was given. Why then did it seem like many of us knew about these changes very late? Perhaps it had something to do with how the changes were communicated. Perhaps we could suggest a better way to communicate changes so that the communication (even when given with enough notice) is more effective in reaching us.

Ron