FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:43 pm
SASfan

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by number_6
Do Executive rooms have Towers lounge access? Or is that a Platinum benefit? I would expect the travelzoo offer would not include Towers lounge access.

Fwiw, spg.com now has Executive rooms for Euro 114 and available for single day stays in December (so a better deal than travelzoo). Towers room is for Euro 154. Nice to see that spg actually offers a better rate than travelzoo, for a change (at least for my dates).

Does this hotel upgrade Platinums to Towers, or is it the "we don't upgrade to the Towers" policy now?
number_6, whenever I stayed there, I'd normally book their cheapest room and email the hotel GM to ask for a Plat upgrade. It always worked. When you check in, there is a separate check-in area for Platinum members. They sit you down, offer you and your wife a glass of champagne, and check you in very professionally. Great hotel, and close to a couple U-bahn (underground metro) stops...

114 Euro is a great rate! Best I ever got at the Grand was 120 Euro.