FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OK fly with a sinus infection?
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:35 am
MisterNice
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Capite
Is it safe to fly with a sinus infection? Even if it is, is it a bad idea?

Is there anything I can do to alleviate any problems (other than taking the train!), like maybe taking Claritin?

I have to travel to NYC tomorrow (Tuesday) from Chicago. I started developing a sinus infection yesterday (Sunday), and was able to start taking Zithromax right away. But I can still feel it.

I saw a couple things on the Internet saying it could cause 'discomfort' or 'pain' but nothing about it being unsafe. Does anyone know? Has anyone tried it?

I actually do have the option of taking Amtrak if this would be a problem, but it would take almost 19 hours.
Four weeks ago my dentist and the doc diagnosed a facial pain etc as (chronic it later turned out) sinusitis. At first it felt like 2-3 beginning root canals. I have been on three 10 day courses of very pricy and powerful antibiotics and am now on a 3 week course of doxycycline. I asked and the docs said Zithromax was not the drug of choice for this. I go for a CT scan Wed. Personally I would NEVER consider flying right now. I hate the train but thats how I would travel. BTW the last time I Amtracked Chicago to NYC the 19 hr took 24 hr.

MisterNice