FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Brussels, Belgium, CLOSED Jun '14, to reopen as Hilton [Master Thread]
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:48 pm
CA Platinum

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by SLF
I stayed there one night last month. Pleasant enough hotel, although the restaurant was closed for renovations that night - they served food in the bar instead. The pool we'd been hoping to use didn't exist (it was advertised on the website), I raised this afterwards and the website has now been corrected (reference to pool removed).

The location is pretty good, not exactly "Quite simply the best location in Brussels" as claimed, but it's not at all bad. Very convenient to the central railway station, and just a short walk to the main square. At check-in I requested a late check-out, and was offered something short of 4pm (I'm gold) which was the "best they could do". I opened the gold key wallet they'd just handed me, and showed them the "guaranteed 4pm check-out" part, and they then managed to improve their best offer and gave me a 4pm check out.

Don't know about breakfast, we got something nearby after being underwhelmed by the bar food for dinner (nothing terrible about the dinner, but nothing remarkable either). Room was bakingly hot, a/c wasn't really able to keep up (it was a hot few days). Reading what I've just written it sounds terrible, but I'd go back there ... good location, plenty of places to eat nearby, good transport connections.

Upgrades? Don't know, didn't ask. I guess not in my case!
Thank you SLF and Starwood Lurker for your reply.

I have opted for the "5 star" Sheraton Hotel&Towers in Brussels for two nights, and I will spend my last night at the Sheraton right across from BRU airport.

I was able to book the 5 star for 89 Euro per night.