FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Look me in the eye and unzip your pants"
Old Oct 29, 2001, 10:12 pm
askworldtraveler

I wish I could find this funny...and I'm the first to say that airport security in the USA has been a international joke for years - now we seem to be making worse. Yesterday traveling from denver, I made sure my pockets were empty, my watch off....and was still pulled out of line (my ticket indicated Exp. Plat - so they know I travel - a lot). after lifting my shoes, and patting me down in an all to personal manner (I'm often in Europe, where they have years of experience, and never had this kind of treatment) was told to undo my Belt. I wasn't even beeping at all with the wand. If the airlines want to get the leasure travelers back in the air, the procedures have to make common sense - and treating everyone who walks through as a smuggler of nail clippers is not the way to do it.

OK, on the lighter side, after the 'search' I had what was either a Howard Stern moment, or a Saturday Night Live thought.... a group of people lined up in their best summer attire of men's speedos(I've cleaned it up) and women in SI swim suit editions.... the lines would move faster.