FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Look me in the eye and unzip your pants"
Old Oct 29, 2001, 8:48 pm
artboy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flowerchild:
then the security guy said, "Look me in the eye and unzip your pants." They proceeded to pull them away from his body, in full view of everyone in line, and wand him. </font>
Wow, usually I at least make them buy me dinner first!

Seriously, though -- there is no way that any pants-action (whether unzipping or removing) is supposed to be done out in public. NO WAY WHATSOEVER.

The airport, the FAA, the security company would all disallow this purely on the basis that -- god forbid he's going commando -- you've got a major lawsuit on your hands from not only him, but the other passengers as well who are involuntarily witnessing his "debriefing".

And what the heck is "look me in the eye" all about? Is the security guy returning the gaze or actually checking the pants? It seems it would be tough to find contraband if you're focusing on the passenger's baby blues rather than the suspicious area.

I honestly would have burst out laughing if someone had said that to me in any context. I find it hard to believe he was following the proper script for inspection procedures...