FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Look me in the eye and unzip your pants"
Old Oct 29, 2001, 6:31 pm
flowerchild

"Look me in the eye and unzip your pants"

My brother went with the Atlanta Ski Club to Miami this past weekend. He took only a backpack and fanny pack. After clearing security in ATL, he was pulled out of line. The made him remove his shoes, took his ticket out of the fanny pack and checked the computer, went through his wallet, then the security guy said, "Look me in the eye and unzip your pants." They proceeded to pull them away from his body, in full view of everyone in line, and wand him. He was also pulled in Miami. They looked at his passport (he took it with him because that picture shows him without a beard)and the guy made a few remarks about how much he travels. They didn't look in the backpack either time. He wanted to ask if there was a problem, but they had such an attitude he said nothing. He was surprised to be "randomly chosen" on both flights, since 24 other people were ticketed by the same travel agency and his FF# was printed on his ticket. Are the security people being over zealous or is there some method to their madness? It really bothers me we have no recourse, and questioning then only brings on " a more thorough security screening." My brother is a very low key, average looking guy who fortunately has a much longer fuse than his sister.