FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Europe: Top Starwood properties, 2006-9: discussion and summary
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:27 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by KittyCat
Germany:
Have received great service at all times, from 4P to LC properties (& getting close to experiencing all German properties for that matter).
Special notes for Elephant in Weimar and LM in München : worth a detour !!! (LM Cologne booked ... sounds as if that one could match those two)

France:
Prince de Galles is great, albeit a bit expensive. 4P Nice is probably one of the lesser hotels I've had with *Wood Europe
I may have been unlucky, but I would rate the 4P Nice above the 4P Munich Central and the 4P Munich Olympiapark, which would be at the low end of the Starwood properties in Europe for me.

Here is the ranking of my (biased) memories
1. top tier (I need to come back - I would need a good incentive to go to another chain or hotel)
Grande Bretagne, Athens
Westin Palace, Madrid
Kamp, Helsinki

2. also good (I enjoy coming back there, but there are other good hotels or chains in each location I could go to)
Sheraton CDG
Bristol, Vienna
Arion hotel, Athens
Le Meridien Hamburg
Le Meridien Lisbon (no longer Starwood)
Westin Excelsior, Rome (except for the outrageous price of breakfast)
Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles
Westin Warsaw

3. slightly above average (not bad, but there other hotels or chains, I would rather go to in each location)
Arabella Sheraton Pelikan, Hannover
Sheraton Brussels (sorry )
Sheraton Frankfurt
Le Meridien Montparnasse, Paris
Le Meridien Nice
Le Meridien Vienna
Le Royal Meridien, Warsaw

4. Slightly below average (no reason not to go there, if I have meetings close by, otherwise no)
Sheraton Aerogolf, Luxembourg (no longer Starwood)
Sheraton Warsaw
Sheraton Lisbon
4P Brussels
4P Nice
Sheraton Heathrow
Sheraton Skyline, Heathrow
Sheraton Park Lane

5. never again
4P Munich Central
4P Munich Olympiapark

I need to have a closer look at LM properties in general and LC properties in Italy, Austria and Spain in the coming years .

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 7, 2008 at 2:01 am