FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expiration dates?
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:30 am
karthik

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Expiration dates?

Any one have a clue how Amex calculates expiration dates? In my past experience it's been 2 years on charge cards and 3 - 3.5 years on credit cards.

But I just got two replacement cards: one a Business Gold Rewards that I'd downgraded from a Business Platinum, and one a personal Delta SkyMiles that I'd converted from a personal Delta SkyPoints.

The Business Gold expires 01/10. I've never gotten a charge card with nearly that long an expiry period. My personal Gold Rewards Plus that I got 3 months ago expires 06/08 as I'd expect, and the previous Business Platinums were all 2 years I believe.

But more oddly, the Delta SkyMiles expires 02/08 - just 1.5 years! The other strange part about that is that the SkyPoints card it was converted from expired 02/10. Also, I had a separate personal Delta SkyMiles upgraded from Options to Classic about 2 months ago and the replacement for that one expires 03/10: 3.5 years from the date of issue. (Oh yeah, and Amex assigned me a NEW SkyMiles number when they just converted my card. Grr.)

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever gotten a strange short expiration date as with this new Delta SkyMiles. Perhaps someone manually keys it into the system when they do a replacement? I'd have expected it to be automated...