FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Le Meridien Chia Laguna, Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Aug 7, 2006, 2:38 pm
BusTravDave

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Plat
Arrow GONE: Le Meridien Chia Laguna, Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy [Master Thread]

Le Méridien Chia Laguna – Cagliari, Sardinia (7 nights)

Le Meridian Chia Laguna

My Wife and I arrived at the Le Meridian at about 12:30 because of the flight troubles in Milan. Our car was waiting for us to take us to the resort. The hotel is about 45 minutes from the airport and it was a great thing we got a car. The hotel arranged this for us and it cost 100 Euros. It was well worth it.

I had been talking with the manager of the property and his assistant over the prior three months. They were both extremely helpful and wanted to make sure my honeymoon turned out to be all that I wanted.

When we arrived at the hotel the manager was waiting up to greet us at 12:30am. This is an example of the great service that this hotel provides. The room rates include half board (breakfast & dinner) and because of our flight problems we missed dinner. We thought we would go to sleep hungry, but waiting in our room was a table filled with Italian cheeses, meats, and bread.

I can not convey how gracious the staff at the hotel was to me and my wife. I stayed in the hotel section of the resort. There are two sections, the hotel and bungalows (two level “condo looking” buildings both built into a hill and overlooking the ocean. There is a unit on the bottom floor and a separate unit on the top floor.

This resort is one of the best Starwood properties around. I have stayed at many nice places, but the Le Meridien Chia Laguna is one of the best!

Some favorite items of the hotel:
-Breakfast – The buffet had freshly made mozzarella balls, fresh procuitto di parma, freshly baked breads, eggs, sausage, and a huge table of fresh fruit.
-Dinner – Had more Italian meats and Cheeses, freshly made desserts, amazing pasta, shellfish, and fish.
-Friday is seafood night and they had caught a large swordfish and were cutting fresh swordfish steaks to order. (ie: whole swordfish was lying on the table next to the bar-b-que.)
-BEST GELATO!! – There is a Gelateria on site. The gelato maker has been making gelato for 60 years and only makes gelato for the resort now.
-Finally, Best service! The whole staff treats you like you are family and welcomes you into the resort.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 26, 2008 at 1:03 am Reason: Copied from a trip report covering several hotels