FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Golden Circle--Shangri-la Hotels
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2006, 7:55 pm
jhm

747LWW,

Thank you very much for such a detailed response!

OK - you've sold it to me (although I don't think I needed much convincing in the first place!). From your comments in post 18 of this thread, it seems that staying in the Garden Wing won't really do justice to the hotel - particularly the exceptional service and personal attention.

The Tower Wing room which is 72 s.m. is the Tower Wing Premier room but that's not much less than a Valley Wing room (which is a bit smaller at 57 s.m.). So I've just changed my reservation to a Valley Wing room with a city view (which I assume means it'll be higher up than a pool view room) for Monday night and will wait to see whether this waitlist clears so that I can arrive in Singapore a day earlier.

Once I've stayed and if I really like it very much, I guess I can always change then my reservations in Bangkok etc (assuming availability). Not joining the Golden Circle Club until my next Singapore stay won't be a problem as I go to Singapore at least once a year anyway - the next time may be SIN Run 2007) but if (e.g.) I do change to stay at the Shangri-La in Bangkok, I will certainly ask to see whether it's possible to join then based on my Singapore stay.

It would be a pleasure to meet you and your family in the Valley Wing lobby for a drink. I should arrive at Changi on Monday at 4:25pm so I reckon I should have checked-in etc sometime between 6-7pm. I will PM you my contact details.

I'm not a regular guest at luxury hotels (although I have stayed in some such as this Scottish castle which was amazing) nor for that matter premium air travel (prior to joining FT earlier this year anyway!) so my trip should be fun. Most of the flights are SQ J but I do have one SQ F (NRT-LAX). After what I've now read about the Shangri-La, it sounds like it may be the hotel highlight of my trip (so I hope very much that the waitlist clears so I can stay another night and of course have some more time to catch up on Singapore food!) and I'm looking forward to what sounds like will be a great experience!

Thanks again and best regards
jhm