FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - should I get free credit report from mypoints-true credit 500 points?
Old Jul 20, 2006, 1:32 pm
the_traveler

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by missterious9
Got this email from my points to get my score with a free trial for 30 days from True Credit and I almsot did it for 500 points (I can cancel within 30 days) but chickened out whiel entering my DOB,SSN,etc. online.
I do want to get my free credit report from the agencies atleast once, I never did it until now. Do you think I can trust mypoints and True credit to give them my info or should I just forget 500 points and go to the free credit report website posted earlier to my report?
thanks
Personally, I wouldn't sign up with any (paid) companies to get the "free" credit reports - even though you can cancel during the trial period. The only one I have used is the official site (www.annualcreditreport.com - IIRC). You get the same information, and you can get it once a year from all 3 agencies.

What I do is request from agency A only, then 4 months later request from agency B only, then 4 months later request from agency C only, then 4 months later request from agency A only, etc... YMMV.