FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unaccompanied Minors
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:22 am
tsastor

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
I'm wondering how kids traveling alone or as UM go through immigration? I looked at the BA site, but didn't see that subject covered. Do airline staff take them through the regular lanes, or is there special path for children? Are parents/guardians allowed to meet the kids before immigration?
(this question mainly pertains to kids who are U.S. citizens returning to the U.S. solo from western Europe, where they are met by a parent/grandparent)
Be sure to agree with the airline who can meet your children at the airport, even if it is a close family member! (and bring proper identification). The airline will and must take care of your children until they are met. In your case I think the airline staff will take your kids through immigration through "special paths" but someone may know first hand. Generally I'd say this depends on airport. I've seen a special lane eg. in Paris while other airports may use the airline employee lanes. If you are within the Schengen zone in Europe then the parents may even -at some airports- be able to pick up their children at the gate.