FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:52 pm
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I had hoped against hope that neither BEYFlyer or I would have any further news to contribute to this thread but apparently that is not to be the case.

We have two kinds of shelters on my kibbutz. The first are reinforced rooms attached to most houses and they are used when the situation appears to be somewhat dangerous. (My ex does not have one which is why she came to my house last time.)

The other kind are large, communal, shelters dug deeply into the ground. These are only used when the situation is considered extremely dangerous.

A few minutes ago we received SMS notification that "The Army is about to attack Lebanon. Everybody must go down to the shelters."

As the Army has been active all day in Lebanon -- since the Hizbollah rockets I first posted about -- I can only assume that this means a much serious IDF attack is about to happen (indeed, may already be underway) and that the army expects Hizbollah to return fire with everything it has.

I won't be going down to the shelter but I will sleep tonight in the reinforced room at my house -- the first time I have ever done so.

I very much hope that BEYFlyer's further contributions to this thread (if any) concern only things that he has heard about -- and not experienced first hand.