FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread (consol.)
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:32 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Can I use the vouchers to buy tickets for someone else?
While vouchers are non-transferable, you may buy a ticket in someone else's name, so long as you are the one presenting the voucher. If someone else presents the voucher, the ticket MUST be issued in the name of that on the voucher. (Clarification being sought as to what "presenting" means).
I was told a year and half ago that an initial voucher (this one was electronic from a cancelled NR ticket) must be used for the person named on the voucher. Then, when used if there is a residual amount remaining, another voucher is issued that can be used by anybody. Now, the guidelilnes you outlined above may need to be followed in this case. I don't know since the voucher was used in whole by the named party, so I never actually tried exercising this option. Perhaps others have information or real life experience regarding what I was told by the AAgent.

Also, for cancelled ticket vouchers, I question whether you can use it to buy a ticket for someone else. According to what the AAgent told me in the case outlined above, that would not be allowed.