FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award travel ex-NRT in August? Nothing available???
Old Jul 9, 2006, 2:19 pm
jiburi

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
[rant]

I'm trying to book an award ticket for my sister & for the entire month of August, there's NO inventory available on any SkyTeam or NW partner. I had them check on JAL, DL, CO, NW, & KE and nothing! I'm looking for a return from NRT anytime between Aug 13-23 specifically, but may be able to adjust dates if something comes up.

[/rant]
I had been monitoring availability for the past 60 days for the transpacific West Coast to NRT routes and found several releasing of perksaver seats. These releases of seats seem to occur randomly but I've seen more frequencies on routes between NRT and SFO, and also on the newly added flights between NRT and SEA (Saturday from SEA or Sunday from NRT). Also NW seem to be releasing additional perksaver seats within 30 days of travel.

Granted it's hard, and infrequent but I found several perksaver options recently flying back from NRT in August. If you are stuck on your dates, try SEA flight from NRT on August 20, or SFO on August 23. They seem to have more frequent releases.

Also consider flight combinations, where they pull in inventory of other skymiles carriers. I've frequently found availability on CO from Nagoya (NGO) to Honolulu, and connect to a NW flight from Honolulu. It's a different airport in Japan but the availability for award seats on this CO flight is generally good.

Jiburi

Jiburi