FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Mileage Credit on Tickets Booked on Priceline, Hotwire, etc." Thread [Merged]
Old Jul 8, 2006, 8:18 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raidawg
Sorry for the newbie question, but i'm new to actually tracking or caring about mile rewards.

I'm a mileage plus member and i took a r/t flight from sfo to puerto vallarta in january.

Customer service (India) tells me that because it was purchased through hotwire that I can't get miles.

Of course, she couldn't direct me to anywhere online where it states this restriction and the united desk never said anything when i checked in at either location.

Is this for real?

I bought a ticket from SEA to Buenos Aires recently through a travel agent (discounted). Is this gonna be a problem? Time to dump united for an "agnostic" (cit or cap one) plan?

What's going on here?

r
If the fare that hotwire booked happens to be a published fare, then you might get miles. Good to print your reciept at the airport from one of the Easy-Check-In machines and look at your fare. Also look for "NO MP" on the ticket. If the fare listed is L or above and there is no "NO MP" endorsement, you should get creidt (unless there is the ever-crushing SSR MP00 on your record).

As for the discounted fare from the TA, the same applies. Published = OK; unpublished = shaky ground.

A fare that does not book into F,P,A,C,D,Z,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q,V,W,S,T,K or L will NEVER get miles.