FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Destination Rumors
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2006, 7:45 pm
jetBlueNYFL

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by prhs1989
I have a question. How/Why do you attack USA3000? I think about EWR, where they seem to have their own little niche market. They seem to only fly a few days a week (mostly) as well. Do they want to raise their load factors from 96% to 98%? Spirit, on the other hand, could be an airline that Jetblue may want to dominate. They have so many valuable assets that if they pulled back at all, B6 could easily sweep in (I.E. Spirit's many gates at FLL, one or two gates at LGA).

St. Croix? I thought that the rumor was St. Louis, St. Thomas, and St. Marteen? Shows what I know.
I agree with you on the USA3000 part - but they are mostly a charter airline and market share is simply market share - jetBlue is the most dominant player in NYC-FLL, flying over 50% of the people who fly that route. However, that doesn't mean they shouldn't try to increase their traffic an reputation further.

Tthe St. Croix/St. Marteen, St. Louis and St. Thomas rumor is a rumor ! I'm not saying it won't happen - it probably will - but it's still a rumor, so that's why it is still not clear. The actual rumor, I believe, was 3 cities that start with "St". There are also very hot SAV and SAT rumors.

From what I understand, Mr. Neeleman said that more than 10 cities will be announced by 2006 - obviously they passed that number already. However, with jetBlue winning CUN rights; expect that to be one of the next "officially announced" cities. Keep in mind AUA, BNA, PIT, CLT and RDU still didn't launch!

My prediction is that 2 more cities will be announced: STL and SXM. MSP would be awesome...and while there is a market at SAV, it probably might not come until very late 07, early 06...to see if any SAV people go down to JAX first.