FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OK to book handicapped accessible room if able-bodied? Elite upgrades?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 5:13 pm
RNOHoosier

Originally Posted by craz
Ive booked them for the same reason, at the same time i understood that I just might be stuck in it. I usually add a comment that this Diamond member would appreciate an upgrade to any room and that a Handi-Cap room isnt necessary what so ever. Other times a call to the Hotel was able to have me keep the same rate and they switched me.

1 time they said no to a change of rooms, and a few days before my arrival called and said they would change my room as they were out of The Handi-Cap rooms and needed mine. I told them I wasnt interested in changing my room any longer and expected to have the Handi-cap room when I got there otherwise they will have to walk me and pay for my nights Lodging etc. They werent too happy, I told them all of this could have been avoided when I orginally called , but was told under no circumstances would The Hotel give me areg room at that rate. Now that The Hotel can use my room , you want to move me, Now I dont want to be moved.
So you screwed over a handicap person to make a point to the hotel? You didn't really even hurt the hotel, you just screwed over the handicap person. Nice. I've heard some low down things on here, but this just may take the cake. Do you trip old ladys and still candy from babys as well?