FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #4" - Melbourne Australia - Memorial Day weekend May 25-27, 2007
Old Jun 10, 2006, 3:40 am
perthite

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Accommodation in Melbourne is from 5 star to backpacker. As anywhere, you get what you pay for. It is unlikely to be difficult to get accommodation on 25- 27 May. Many central city hotels cater to the business market so have low occupancy (and lower rates) at weekends.

You can book direct with the hotel or one of the Australian discount hotel web sites. Priceline may do a few Melbourne hotels but does not have the same coverage in Australia as it does in the USA
Wotif lists 2 weeks into the future
Rates to go lists 2 weeks into the future
Need it now lists 2 weeks into the future
Hotels.com.au lists many weeks into the future
Last minute lists many weeks into the future
When bookings are made through these discount sites Frequent Flyer miles and hotel loyalty points are not earned. Often booking direct with the hotel is the same as these discount web site's.

Is there going to be a central hotel for the festivities? I thought the idea of having most people at one hotel in Brisbane was good (and I guess the same was done for the Sydney ozFests). For me, I would go the Crowne Plaza (which used to be the HI on Spencer St), or the Hilton.

Also, Wotif lists up to the next 4 weeks.

Last edited by perthite; Jun 10, 2006 at 3:47 am