FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need location of Air Canada in Ottawa
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:58 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I have to agree with supersaverdeal on this one.

By Car, YOW is a pain in the ..., a one lane highway for a major airport...

And why does the Airport Parkway have to have four lanes when the traffic barely rates a dedicated roadway? This is not a major international airport with widebodies landing every few minutes. Ottawa is basically a small town of suburbs surrounding a core of office buildings. Except for about a half hour each day, in each direction, the roads are pretty empty. One can hop on Colonel By Drive at the Westin and make it to Bronson in 5-minutes, then past Carleton U to the Airport Parkway in another 10-minutes if the roads are clogged and you hit reds on the three stoplights you need to get through. I have seldom had more than a two-cab convoy on the Parkway itself. And OC Transpo, as I noted, makes it one of the fastest and cheapest trips to any airport on the continent!

I guess if you are trying to get a flight out on Thursday or Friday from 3p to 7p you might experience a bit of traffic as MPs and lobbyists catch their flights home, but the rest of the day...nada!