FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys cope w/ HYD check-in? Tranquilizers?
Old May 25, 2006, 6:57 am
LH_Fan

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Angry How do you guys cope w/ HYD check-in? Tranquilizers?

I'm new here - just wondering if everybody is as frustrated with HYD check-in as I am, or if there are any tricks out there to make this easier. Any other airports with similar problems?

For those of you who have not yet had the pleasure, here's the deal: HYD airport clearly was not built to accommodate international travel - nobody expected the kind of growth India is experiencing right now. A new airport is under construction but won't be completed for another two years or so.

Check-in starts with having to fight your way into the actual terminal - lots of people out there, total chaos, no LH assistance outside the terminal (not much inside, either). First queue is for check-in luggage x-ray (you will also queue there if you have carry-on only and nobody told you that you don't have to have it x-rayed). Second queue is for check-in - no LH kiosk, only 2 (!) C class check-in counters, looooooooong queue. Third queue: Emigration. Fourth queue: Security. Then, time permitting: lounge. Nothing to speak of, no alcohol. Last queue: Boarding, if you did not manage to jump the queue for priority boarding.

I HATE queues with a vengenance. How do you guys cope? Am I expecting too much? (I don't normally [have to] use LH C-class check in). Also, given the labor cost in India, LH could easily hire additional staff to make this process less painful for FT.

Last edited by LH_Fan; May 25, 2006 at 8:40 am Reason: Freudian slip