FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]
Old May 21, 2006, 12:24 pm
SteveinA2

Arrow Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Prior to my trip I could find no recent info, so here is a brief overview

Arrived 11am and no problem checking in early.
Was on a cheap SPG50 rate
Hotel renovated <3 years ago - was in good shape

Was upgraded to a suite - Did not request it. Room was very nice, flat screen TV - minibar - real king bed (not two singles which can occur in Europe) - nice bath, hermes shampoo/soap and separate shower, loads of towels- loads of closet space including WIC, fruit freely available.

Service was excellent and friendly. Location was great - 10 minutes walk to the center of downtown, yet next to a great park to run around.

Gym was great - life fitness equipment - was empty each time I used it - but only had 6 cardio machines (2 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 elip) so could get busy.

Hotel appears to have 10% suites (based on fire escape map)

Was not officially given access to Executive lounge - When I called they said Platinum does not give access. I thought they might be mistaken so tried my key and it worked. However there was no breakfast and only poor soup and snacks in the evening...that being said there was free alcohol (3 wines in small carry out bottles ) and soft drinks. Having free diet coke was very useful too - you need 4 just to get a reaosnable serving at 20CL a bottle

Breakfast was 19E and a very good buffet with champagne (or more accurately sparkling wine) It looked like I was one of teh few on a room only rate but it is much cheaper to get the SPG50 + 19E than the B&B rate.

Room service was quick - although food was the worst part of the stay - soup was cool and sandwiches was "hunt the filling"

Amazingly ^ ^ ^ High speed was fast and free

Everytime I left the hotels taxis were avaliable - no waiting

Overall a good hotel that I'd recommend