FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Roco Ki Dominican Republic opens in 2011 - or does it?
Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:39 pm
Richard_SVO_SPG_Platinum

I had the opportunity to visit the property the other weekend and put a deposit down on a Westin Cacique Terrace 1 bedroom condo. The property is stunning and the golf course with the 17th & 18th holes along cliffs will rank it as one of the best in the Caribbean when it debuts. Everything about this resort speaks 5 star destination, room rates $300/nite plus...and to that affect CAT 5. I'd be surprised though if they meet their Oct. 2007 opening date.....spring or summer 2008 is my guess.

Some of the amenities you won't find at other DR resorts or Starwood Caribbean properties:
Nick Faldo golf course with spectacular ocean/cliff holes - 7000+ yards par 73
Marina with sportfishing charter boats/diving
Tennis
Equestrian center - horseback riding
Spa
Kids Club
Taino Indian Cultural Center
14 Restaurants and Lounges (none of which will be all inclusive)
3.5 miles of undeveloped beach/coastline (owned by developer)

Originally Posted by sc flier
I still don't agree that this could become a Cat6 property. I think that Cat4 is more likely than Cat5. Unlike in the USVI and Grand Cayman, the Dominican Republic is a more affordable place to develop and do business.
You can't compare this property to any of the all-inclusives...that is not their marketing goal for this property. While the country is know for this largely...this property and the plans for other 5 star hotels (ie., Ritz or Four Seaons on the site will help to change this perception). In any case the amenities that this resort will offer are far greater than USVI or Grand Cayman.

Last edited by Richard_SVO_SPG_Platinum; Apr 11, 2006 at 1:49 pm