FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:42 am
The Saint

Originally Posted by sbtinme
finally some sense here. This is precisely the case and should be completely understandable to one and all. Sure, I know you'd love to have 2C in Magnifica Class round trip to Cyprus! Who wouldn't?!?! But if 1200 tickets were sold and AZ has one flight to YYZ a day, assuming 20 seats in J (maybe it's 25?), that means 60 straight days of their Business Class product is sold out completely with folks on fares that won't even cover the cost of the food they consume on said flight. 2 months of flights at these prices? Ouch.
Agreed. I'm only going to post once - as I have previously explained my thoughts on a similar subject (see here page 13 post 250). GUWonder and I have had the pleasure of debating a similar issue before, so I will resist the temptation to rehearse the same arguments.

To those who claim that they did not know that this was a mistake, I ask them to consider this. There is another thread running at the moment where a woman who reported the fare to AZ is currently being castigated (and worse) for having done so. Implicit in this criticism is the recognition that she blew the whistle on a secret; she told the airline of its mistake. She is being criticised because, through her actions (perhaps), other FTers have been prevented from taking advantage of the mistake. If it were a genuine offer like Ryanair's £0.01 fares (although this is a poor analogue because a LCC trip from London to Bergamo hardly compares to a Business Class trip across the Atlantic), then no-one would worry about someone querying it with the airline.

It was a mistake. Some people have got their tickets. Others have not because AZ (or the selling agent) has realised the error in sufficient time for it to be corrected. If you've got your tickets ^ . If you haven't, unlucky. Speaking honestly, however, how many who booked these tickets thought for one moment that this was a genuine fare?