FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:31 am
whlinder

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That's a canard discussion. A valid ticket issued and delivered is a valid ticket issued and delivered regardless. The way a contract is established is clear. The amount of consideration was sufficient at the time for AZ tickets to be issued. Going back and arbitrarily re-neging is wrong no matter how you cut it. "Mistake" or not doesn't much matter when AZ and its authorized agents loaded the fare and made it publicly available for sale at the price it wanted.
It wasn't really the price AZ wanted or intended, of course. I have no problem with the valid ticket issued, CC charged, contract established part. Re-neging on that is not cool on AZ, though with as many tickets as seemed to be sold I would understand if they do. Fighting that battle to get it honored makes complete sense.

I just won't play the game of "Well I didn't know it was a mistake." Yes you did. Everyone who has read this thread knew.