FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)
Old Mar 15, 2006, 5:57 am
FlyAO2

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
There are many people "Screwed" by this. It seems if you made the 100 Segments last year by flying both US and HP what we were asked in September... you will not get your "earned" status until only a part of a year.

For example, you had two accounts and used DM for US and FF for HP.. and then add BA flights, *Alliance Flights.. and you could easily qualify for a higher level... but in US's wisdom, they decide not to do anything.

If it is going to be late, start linking the accounts now... and give the combined status to both your DM and FF acccount... then encourage people to use DM until merged... (or something like that). But if it keeps pushing it is going to piss alot of flyers.
+

There is a flip side to it, I did not travel much last year and will not keep my Chairman's status. In the meantime, I'm still reaping the benefits....

Anyone know if US/HP plan to drop people a level if they don't qualify (i.e. Chariman to PLT/GOLD; Gold - Siler), or do you go from Chairman to nothing?