FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time on Emirates with infant JFK - DBX - HYD
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:14 pm
sadiqhassan

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hi,

Originally Posted by zoonil
hello flyers,

I am going to travel by my first EK flight in Economy. I am flying with my lap infant. What should I expect. Remember, I am flying coach class.

1) JFK to DBX via the 9:10 AM flight. What are the meal services offered?
Breakfast / Light Meal / Lunch

2) I arrive in DBX Early AM, and have the full day there, My connecting flight to HYD is not until 10pm. EK is gracious enought to book me a "DBX stopover" which includes visa on arrival, and hotel voucher for my day in Dubai. Any suggestions on my day in Dubai. I am travelling with my infant son, so nothing too adventerous and tiring. All the same, I don't want to spend the whole day in the Hotel. How expensive are cab rides in DBX? How far are the distances - say Airport to downtown or the souks?
Airport is very close to downtown, you can be there in less than 10 minutes. Which hotel have you booked? There are some nice malls which are fun to spend the day in if you like shopping, or you can always relax at the beach which is about 35 minutes away in good traffic.

Cab rides are not too expensive, but not dirt cheap. I would say slightly cheaper than the USA

3) DBX to HYD departure 10pm arrival 2am local time.
I am assuming you are asking about meals?

Dinner

4) Return Journey DBX -to JFK 8am arrival JFK at 2pm. What are the meal services offered on this flight?

Breakfast, Lunch and a light meal.

5) How is EK with kids? I don't expect them to take care of my baby except help me stow my luggage or warm the bottled milk. Do they have emergency diapers in case I run out?
I have experienced both extremes with EK; some very nice child-friendly FAs but I have also experienced the opposite - rude and uncaring FAs.

They should help you stow luggage and warm milk. I am not sure if they have diapers, but they have great toys and things for kids of all ages.

6) Also, are they strict in enforicing their baggage allowance of 50lbs per bag.
Yes.

7) I am a Continental GOLD Elite. Will I get "Elite qualifying miles" in addition to the base miles flying the above iteniary.
Nope, you only get EQMs when flying on the CO codeshare on the EK LGW-DXB-LGW flights

Cheers