FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sales taxes and liquor sales in AZ, CO, UT and NM
Old Feb 26, 2006, 8:00 am
ediddy

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Looks like NV must have lifted the sales tax limit since I left there ('97). Was 6.5% + up to 0.5% county tax back then.

I've noticed that in some some states, hard liquor sales are restricted to liquor stores hence prices can be high (higher for the same booze where I live, even when the CAD was much lower against the USD than it is today). Like buying liquor in HI and NV for that reason and not in PA and WA. Of course the taxes don't help.

Are there any native liquor sales outlets near LAS and on the way to Flagstaff? I know the Washoe cigarette outlet in Reno/Sparks was very popular!

And no, not driving. Well aware of the o% sales tax in OR.
Yeah back in '97, Nevada was still a somewhat fiscally conservative state. Fast forward a decade, hundreds of thousand of Californians have moved in turning this once great state into the tax/spend mess they left behind. But I digress.

Close to Las Vegas there are two Indian tribe otions, neither of them on the way tp Flagstaff though: On I-15 (on the way to Utah) there is the Moapa tribal store. I'd say it is about 45 mins from the Strip. There is also the Paiute store which is on US 95, 30 mins from the Strip.