FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Record Locators for the Same Family-Bad
Old May 6, 2002, 10:22 am
RobertS975

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLSIZE:
Now I can't speak for systems like Leomatic, but in SABRE (and the stnd res agents that used SABRE QIK) there are very few things that can be different between multiple parties in the name field. Every single pax needed to be booked in the same bucket for each leg. Now each pax could be booked under a different fare (like maybe an adult fare, infant with own seat, senior) but that was it. For example, say the base fare is $300 on a K26. You could have 1.1 PASSENGER/ADULT on K26 at $300, 1.2 PASSENGER/INFANT on K26/IN50 at $150, and 2.1 PERSON/OLD on K26/SC10 at $270. That was basically all that could be done where any of the passengers were "different". Once you started bringing in different FOPs and heaven forbid a different schedule, there was just no way to do it in the same booking. The only saving grace was if PNRs were split. Then they would automatically be xrefed to each other. SABRE and I am assuming the other systems are fairly unforgiving. Only occasionaly could you use some tricks to get around it, but they were few and far between.

ANd while I write about this, one of the biggest pet peeves I had and I hope any TAs out there listen up. If you ever call the A/L for help on a record, get out of the dang thing first so I can actually save my changes!!!!!!!! They would pi*s me off to no end when you would spend 30 minutes fighting with SABRE to do something on a record, go to end and save changes, and the systems returns an UNABLE TO MAKE SIMULTANEOUS CHANGES response because the TA was messing around with seat assignments. Talk about frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!
</font>
Well, in this case, I would be a K fare V upgrade, and my wife would be a K fare, G upgrade. Same flights, same fare paid, but Delta forces it to be 2 separate locators.