FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Record Locators for the Same Family-Bad
Old May 5, 2002, 3:22 am
RobertS975

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Russ21Atl:
Robert, I can't explain it (or speak for DLTech), but it seems pretty obvious to me. If a party of four is to be booked in V/G and R class, how could they all get in the same PNR?! Just as two business partners going on a trip, and one wants Y and the other L, they couldn't be in the same PNR.

Do other airlines' computer systems allow this?

I'm sure its frustrating, and I'm sorry the orig SMS agt didn't "ticket" your PNR, but I'm glad to see that it did get resolved w/o creating another problem.

</font>
The way things are now, they cannot be on the same PNR, but if things were tweaked to allow V/G and R all on the same record with a "form of payment" line attached to each ticket. Right now, if two family members are travelling the same itin in the same class, but one wants to use a voucher and the othera credit card, that's 2 records. Let people be bunched into the same record but keep separate line for each as to form of payment, upgrade method etc. I mean if one individual on a record wants a special meal, it doesn't require a separate PNR. If one pax in a party requires a wheelchair, we can do that without a separate record. A potential way do this is to have a master PNR with each ticket its own sub-PNR (which it actually is anyway). And I do not know what other airlines do...

[This message has been edited by RobertS975 (edited 05-05-2002).]